One Bookshelf-- Two Ways

I'm riding around looking for a parking space around my office the other day, and wham! Wait-- no, sorry, I didn't have an accident, thank goodness, but I did find this super amazing bookshelf on the side of the road. I screeched to a halt, and jump out of my car. I snag the bookshelf only to get it home and realize that it was a piece of crap-- so mean, I know!

It wasn't even wood, as I had suspected from far away. And yes, I did inspect it for bugs before tossing it into my trunk, but I didn't check the shelf for quality. Yikes!

I got the shelf home and it started peeling! Really?!

I had the perfect idea, to paint over this wood, that turned out to be that cheap, soft laminate stuff, and use it for extra storage in our kids playroom.

So.. I repurposed this shelf, and used it two different ways.

So here, the bookshelf is on its side-- used as an art station. You can so see the laminate peeling in this pic. ha!


And then.. in an upright position. The cars kept rolling off!


I guess it kind of worked out. What do you think? Comment below.





Comments

Popular Posts